New Pool project in Frisco, TX

WOW, so suddenly we got 3 groups working at the same time today (tile, Gas and Gunite Clean up crew) :) I am running out of street space for the trucks to park... At this rate I hope they will be installing the Deck tomorrow or Wed, so we should be almost finished by the end of the week or early next week.

Tile work and coping all done. Gas Line installed and waiting for city inspection. Clean up work has started in prep for the Deck form layout tomorrow.

[attachment=0:13nu9m20]TileWork.JPG[/attachment:13nu9m20]

Included is the time lapse vid of the tile work.

[youtube:13nu9m20]dlxXiEJOBS0[/youtube:13nu9m20]

Stay tuned for the Deck video....

Attachments

• TileWork.JPG
    TileWork.JPG
    488.1 KB · Views: 402
Day 13 - Deck form complete and now just waiting for the the city inspection tomorrow. If all goes well, we should be pouring on Friday.

[attachment=0:3j9ntxu2]rsz_deck_form.jpg[/attachment:3j9ntxu2]

Also today the gas company is coming out to swap out our current meter for a larger one, to properly supply the 400K BTU Heater.

Attachments

• rsz_deck_form.jpg
    rsz_deck_form.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 374
Day 14- Deck poured, colored and stamped.

We chose a rough stamped concrete with Tuscany coloring.

[attachment=2:2mp1u0bp]rsz_deck_full.jpg[/attachment:2mp1u0bp]

[attachment=1:2mp1u0bp]rsz_deck_full_2.jpg[/attachment:2mp1u0bp]

[attachment=0:2mp1u0bp]Deck2.JPG[/attachment:2mp1u0bp]

Attachments

• rsz_deck_full.jpg
    rsz_deck_full.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 338
  • rsz_deck_full_2.jpg
    rsz_deck_full_2.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 338
  • Deck2.JPG
    Deck2.JPG
    474.2 KB · Views: 341
Thanks ajones02,
we cant wait for this to be over and taking the first splash.. at this stage it is like standing inside the candy store and not being able to eat anything... hehehe... I hope the plaster will go in this week.

Looks like we are on the final stretch of this fun journey. Today they installed the new Sod (how nice it is to not have mud all over) and tomorrow they will install the plaster and start filling with water. Monday afternoon we have "Pool School". So if all goes well we should be taking our first dip around Wed.

However I am not sure how I will keep the kids out from jumping in on Sunday... hehehehe

Hmmm will a quick dip hurt anything? what are your thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Whooohoooo!!!! Pool is finally done. We get Pool School this afternoon. And now just a matter of running the filters and brush the plaster for a couple weeks.

[attachment=0:26ctr7ak]rsz_pool_final.jpg[/attachment:26ctr7ak]

I will say it was a fun process and a VERY quick one. exactly 3 weeks from dig to fill.

If anyone in the DFW area is thinking about getting a pool. I highly recommend Hobert Pool & Spa (Tell them Jerico Z sent you :) ). Other than one tree that was mistakenly pulled out (but is now recovering) we did not have ANY issues and was in constant communication with the PB at all times.

I will post some more picutres later today with the water features on and I am sure I will have TONs of questions related to the Water balancing, salt, ph, chlorine, etc etc etc....

Thanks to all for your comments and feedback.

Attachments

• rsz_pool_final.jpg
    rsz_pool_final.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 213

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.