"Different" kind of return jet

Hello all... We just purchased a house with an inground pool. First time to own a "real" pool (other than one of those "blow up" WalMart specials...) I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I go and have already learned some things by reading the forums...

Anyway, to my question...

Our pool has two return jets on a separate line from the pump. They are mounted on either side of the steps. Each has a pair of ports, one below the surface and one above the surface. When they are activated, it appears the top ports draw air and help create a "jacuzzi" effect.

The REAL question, however, is that they create a lot of noise when running like the noise when you turn on the tap at a sink and getting all the air out. Is this normal or is there something I can do to quiet these down? (I know... I know... keep 'em turned off... :p )

It's 102 here in SW Missouri, so I'm going to go home and enjoy a cold beer in the middle of the pool...

:cheers: :whoot:

Thanks for your help... :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.