Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A bored mind . . .

1. Back To Top    #1

A bored mind . . .

. . . is a dangerous thing!

The pool is a frozen block and will be so for at least another 6 weeks. There's not much else to do but scheme and what keeps bubbling up is a current generator. No, not electrical. Water current, like those Swim-X (tm) pools, you know?

I wonder if they'd sell me just the pump. I wonder if I could rig enough PVC pipe to hang it over the edge on the oval end opposite the steps. I wonder if such a rig would blow out the pool within moments of making it work.

Or maybe, hmmm. Maybe the jet parts from a jet ski could be adapted to make this work. My neighbors surely wouldn't object to the neverending scream of the high powered engine.

I miss my pool!!!!!!
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

2. Back To Top    #2

Your right. My mind wonders too during the winter.

I was thinking about putting in a solar heater for the pool this spring. But I would go one better. Under the solar panels I will put electric blankets so when night comes; the electric blankets will turn on and I could be warming the pool all night.

Next
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: A bored mind . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    . . . is a dangerous thing!

The pool is a frozen block and will be so for at least another 6 weeks. There's not much else to do but scheme and what keeps bubbling up is a current generator. No, not electrical. Water current, like those Swim-X (tm) pools, you know?

I wonder if they'd sell me just the pump. I wonder if I could rig enough PVC pipe to hang it over the edge on the oval end opposite the steps. I wonder if such a rig would blow out the pool within moments of making it work.

Or maybe, hmmm. Maybe the jet parts from a jet ski could be adapted to make this work. My neighbors surely wouldn't object to the neverending scream of the high powered engine.

I miss my pool!!!!!!
    i will lend you my jet ski, just tie it on one end, floor the throttle and try and swim toward it.

i have seen aftermarket ones for in ground pools, FOR A MEASLY 18 THOUSAND, SHOULD BE NO TROUBLE RIGHT i could put a inground spa in for that price.

here is some info on it

http://www.deep-six.com/page116.htm

and here is the origional site...
    http://www.endlesspools.com/epflindex.html

4. Back To Top    #4
    Oh yeow! 18 K????

Ok, send the jet ski.
    — AnnaK —

Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    Oh yeow! 18 K????

Ok, send the jet ski.

woops, 18k is for the whole endless pool.

the one for your pool is only 5900k ( but thats stull alot) i got a jetski cheaper.

6. Back To Top    #6
    I had no idea they offer these as after-market equipment. Thanks for the link. It's not likely to be mine but one can dream, right?
    — AnnaK —