Should I drain some water?

LeeM2

Jul 3, 2010
I have an in-ground pool and my water level is at the edge of the cooping due to heavy rain. According to forecast the rain may continue for the next couple of days.

should I drain some water? I'm afraid once the water gets over the edge all the dirt around the pool are will end up in my pool.

in addition to cover pump I have a water tap between pool pump and filter. I guess I could utilize the tap while pool pump is running.

Thanks

P.S. I know this is not the right forum, but not sure which one is.

I have a cartridge filter and don't have backwash / discharge hose

I found cheaper and faster solution - two pool vacuum hoses. Sucked the air out on one side using wet vac, other side in the pool through the skimmer opening (so it doesn't suck too much water out). draining speed is amazing about 20 min and the water level is back to where it should be.

the best part -I don't even have a pool vacuum, these hoses have broken attachments but for some reason I never threw them out :)

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5426.JPG
    IMG_5426.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5428.JPG
    IMG_5428.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 57
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.