SWG - Is SWG a good idea for a Hot Tub?

Squishing the sock helps. I just dissolved a different brand than I've ever had in under 3 hours, about 3 cups worth in a sock by squishing it frequently. It was not HTH this time, and seemed a little less soluble but not too much. I don't know if it registered because I haven't tested, but it did dissolve nicely. I left a bit in the bottom, and it sat there, just a lump in the bottom of the sock undissolved for nearly a day till I squished it out in seconds. I think, by not disturbing the sock it allowed it to absorb the water, but not disperse past the sock wall.

This is in a pool, but I would bet it works just as well in a spa.

FWIW, I've been able to test accurately at 24 hours post dissolve with the HTH brand CYA and the squishing method. 4 times now. Hard to discount 4 events with accurate test results at 24 hours.

OK, after 5 days it (CYA) is basically gone. I did what was mentioned earlier and squeezed the sock, and it dissolved what was left (small amount) is a few seconds. It seemed almost like a "pasty" substance at this point. I left the sock to be sure any residual is also going to be used up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.