Drying items right after testing?

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've been thinking about this for awhile, and after running my full tests yesterday I got to thinking.

After you run your tests do you towel dry the test cylinders and the TC/pH test square off before you store them away in your test kit, or do you just store them away wet?

I dump out the test solutions, rinse the vials with the leftover sample water, then go rinse them again in the pool. Then they get set on the table to drip dry while I add whatever. So...sometimes they're dry and sometimes they're wet, just depends on what I have to add.

I store my test cylinder upside down. Shake out excess moisture, but do not dry. Probably would be best if I did, though, just with our hard water and the buildup it causes. Just not convinient to dry. Rinse with new pool water before starting next test.

I've left them on the table when I'm adding stuff, but sometimes a gust of wind gets ahold of them. So I've just been rinsing and putting away damp, then re-rinsing before next use.
I may start drying them out since my Chlorine drop test cylinder has been starting to black film up on me, so that needs a good cleaning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.