Recently completed remodel (w/ pics) and a question

May 12, 2011
I've recently had my 20x40x9 IG pool remodeled. We removed an old ladder, added a bench/exit in the deep end, added a tanning ledge, new step in spa, new skimmers, new tiles, new coping, and split the drains for safety. We used Smoke Sunstone as plaster, and fireglass tiles for toe-tiles.
https://picasaweb.google.com/claude...authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6J_6zWlOfA1QE&feat=directlink

We love the 1" fireglass toe-tile, it glows all night long, and we wish we had used much more of it, but we're about two weeks too late to make that change. How can I add more?

This may seem crazy since this build is so new, but if I wanted to add random tile accents to the tanning ledge, could I take a chisel, or diamond bit cutting saw, and cut out a 1.5" square area down to the gunnite, and use matching plaster to put in piece of new tile? I would probably need to treat the patch like the new plaster was treated (dry, acid wash, rinse, fill, and brush daily for a week).

Crazy enough to work, or just plain crazy?

Hey mon, not sure how I missed this, but just found it trying to help another member here looking for pics of sunstone smoke. Just glanced at your photo album from the link and headed back there now to chek out all of them. Outstanding renovation pics! I really enjoy seeing these transformations. This one is well done with all the pics you have. Thanks for posting.

Sorry about the late reply, but Yes, they did bring all the plaster back by hand. The pool color looks even better now. I could swear that the water color became a slight bit bluer after we added the salt and started the salt cell. I'm going to take some addional pictures and see if it is noticable. Now I just need to work on the landscaping around the pool, and build a shed around the pool equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.