Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: happy new year from ko phangan, south thailand

1. Back To Top    #1

happy new year from ko phangan, south thailand

hi all,

i build houses in the resort island of ko phangan, thailand. most of the houses i build, also have pools so i've become a self taught pool builder and maintainer (not very good at the latter!).

here is one i finished a couple of weeks ago. very nice pool. i'll upload more pics of my pools when i have time.

steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    house/pool builder
    5x11m pool, 1.5hp pump, sand filter, salt water chlorinator
    4x9m seawater pool, 2.5hp pump, no filter
    6x11m freeform pool, 2hp pump, cartridge filter
    4x8m infinity pool. 2 pumps, 2 cartridge filters
    4x4m spa, 1hp pump, cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    here is a pool i built last year. we pump seawater directly into the pool, no filter or anything. after a couple of days, we dump the water back in the sea and refill. no problems so far and zero maintenance.

steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    house/pool builder

3. Back To Top    #3
    Really interesting Steve. Welcome to the forum. How in the heck did you wind up building houses in Thailand?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a beautiful looking house, just love the windows and the wrap around balcony Steve what's the approx price in US to build, BTW welcome to the forum.

Dennis

16000 gallons GRAND BEND ig vinyl pool, Sta-Rite Dynaglas 1hp pump and System III modular cartridge filter 300ft2, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 salt generator, 325000btu LJ gas heater, 2 Pentair 500 watts lights, 4 deck jets.

5. Back To Top    #5
    lovely home and pools!

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    i moved here about 4 years ago because i love thailand, met my new wife (thai) after getting burned out with my old job computer programming in silicon valley CA and my old wife!

i built my own house here (designed and supervised), and pool, and i wrote a book about it called "how to buy land a build a house in thailand" using my pen name, philip bryce. that book is the 4th best selling english language book in thailand.

people started asking me to build houses for them which i now do for a decent profit and many many headaches!

the house in the first picture cost about 7.3 million baht (about $200,000US) to build inc. pool. it's in a fairly remote part of the island, very difficult and expensive to get materials on site. i usually build 3-4 bedroom, 200+m2 houses for about 5 million baht, (about $150kUS) including pool. ko phangan is far more expensive to build than most of thailand because everything has to get here by boat.

steve
    house/pool builder

7. Back To Top    #7
    Welcome to TFP. I have spent many of summer months in Pattaya. My parents were Ex-Pats working a Joint Venture for several years. I took every opportunity I could to visit and learn the Thai culture. Wonderful friendly people and a beautiful Country. Pics look great. Thanks for sharing.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

8. Back To Top    #8
    Steve, Welcome to TFP and thanks for the pics and info! Impressive and fascinating. Hope you send more pics!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!