Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stinkyfish

1. Back To Top    #1

Stinkyfish

Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Don't let the name scare you. I like to fish and I also have a saltwater aquairium at home. I'm tired of getting getting told I need something new to put in my pool everytime I go to the pool store. I ordered the TF test kit and it should arrive soon. Thank you for a great site. Don
    Don
    12,000g gunite w/ 8'x5' spa, 2 waterfalls, mini pebble,3 Whisperflo pumps, Pentair 4060 DE filter, Intellichor IC20 SWG, MPULSE 3000 Water Treatment System,Sta-Rite gas heater, Kreepy Krauly pool sweep, TF-100 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stinkyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyfish
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Don't let the name scare you. I like to fish and I also have a saltwater aquairium at home. I'm tired of getting getting told I need something new to put in my pool everytime I go to the pool store. I ordered the TF test kit and it should arrive soon. Thank you for a great site. Don
    Hi Don, welcome to the forum. You are on track to making your pool care simpler. With the test kit and a little understanding, you'll KNOW what your pool needs and why it needs it. You'll probably pay for the kit in savings in the first 6 months, and you'll spend less time taking care of the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    If you have a salt aquarium then water testing should not be a problem for you (been keeping salt and reef tanks since the '70s myself). In fact, almost all of the tests are identical (pH, CH, TA--which is called carbonate hardness in aquarium testing).

As soon as the kit arrives post a set of test results so we can pick them apart!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!