Please give me some input on my numbers

Mar 17, 2011
We have a new pool just about 2 months old now, it's been clear and perfect since we started and still is.  But I just want to run my numbers by the forum to see if I need to change anything.  About 3 weeks ago I put in 6 pounds of HTH stabilizer and went from burning 96oz of 6% Clorox a day to 32oz a day, I also put about 12oz of Muratic acid in every 2 to 3 days.     I have a Stenner pump dispensing Clorox about 14 times a day for 15 minutes mostly when the suns down.   We have never used tabs and have been on liquid Clorox and acid since day one.  I have read and reread everything on this forum and it's been a great deal of help, and I still have allot to learn.

Please review my numbers and let me know what I need todo different.   3 of us use the pool daily and I heat the spa to 98f every day.  We enjoy the pool lights being on so I plan on putting some DE in the sand filter next week.   

In ground Pool and spa Specification
Free form
18000 Gallons
7 person spa 
Tr100 Sand filter
Pacific Blue Hydrozo plaster
1 3050VS for pool and spa 
Raypac 400btu
Polairs 280 with booster pump
Inteli touch automation 
3 Pentair LED's
Pool gets about 8 hrs of Texas hill country sun a day 

I test PH and FC twice a day and use my TF101 test kit every week
Today's numbers which are pretty typical 
FC 2
CC .5
TC 3
PH 7.6
T/A 160
CH 260
CYA 50
temp 85F

Thanks again for everyone's input.  

Just looking at the numbers, FC is low and TA seems too high. Punching your numbers into the Pool Calculator (with TFP suggested goal) confirms that your FC should be between 4 and 8. You can work towards lowering your TA by following guidelines on this site on aeration and adding acid. Others have a better trained eye but that's my 2 cents.

That about covers it. Personally, I'd just divert more through the spa to aerate the water, it will only take a little longer than going full out. Just keep adding acid to keep pH low and TA will take care of itself. Definitely crank up the chlorine injection a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.