put fountain sprinkler in pool

Jul 18, 2011
:x i put a homemade sprinkler into my 18,000 gal vinyl inground pool to cool the water down at night, it works but it strips all my chlorine residual down to nothing and lowers my ph and alkalinity. i heard aeration off gases and causes ph to rise. my ph was 7.2 and went to 6.8 alkalinity was 80. can you help me with this dilemma. i would like my ph to be 7.5 hard to acheive anyway and alkalinity usually runs 130. also auto chlorinator with 3" triclor pucks in it. use calcium chloride to shock and also chlorine bleach. i alternate trying to keep ph up. i add box after box of borax trying to keep ph up but only temporalily keeps it up.

thankyou
richardmh

Welcome to the forum :wave:

It would be helpful if you post a full set of test results.

I think your use of stabilized chlorine/pucks which are acidic are the cause of your pH and TA flux. One of the side effects of using the pucks, other than becoming overstabilized with CYA, is the pH/TA crash.

Switching your chlorine to an unstabilized source will cure that problem. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.