Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Big Adventure!

1. Back To Top    #1

My Big Adventure!

Well, thought I would post my "Big Dig"! It has been a very slow process. I can only hope at this point it will be done by Spring! Gordo0217, I so jealous of how fast your PB worked! You had more done in one day than I've had done in 6 weeks!

10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Letro Platinum pressure side cleaner
    Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

2. Back To Top    #2
    Looking good there.

One word of advice if your builder is going slow could be one of two reasons, he's really good and very busy. The alternative is they are struggling financially and hurting to get pools finished. Be sure to call frequently and try to get them to stick to a schedule.

Not much you can do if they don't except to not pay them, but keep a log of communication just in case.

Eric

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks Ehorn! I think the former is the case. I have seen 2 pools he has done and they are beautiful! With it being this time of year, it's kind of hard to get on him since it will only be closed once it's done. It couldn't *dare* be the control-freak in me, could it?? I only worry about having the liner installed at this temperature (50's for now with 40's not too far away) as well as the concrete poured. He's been doing this for 30 years, so I guess I have to trust him! He just doesn't know how glad he is that it's not Spring!!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Emerson 1HP pump
    2 skimmers

4. Back To Top    #4

The common thread we all share....."frustration".... at some point during the build. Hang in there and keep posting pics and your progress (adventure).

Your pool is looking great so far. Will there be steps down from the house to the pool? I notice the grade difference.
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

5. Back To Top    #5
    DLSDO, thanks for the support. I try to remind myself that it WILL get done and I'll be swimming next summer! Yes, there will be a retaining wall and steps right below the sunroom and patio. I will be doing that if he'll ever get the grading done! I really didn't want to be out there is 12 degree weather doing it either, but that appears to be exactly what I'll be doing.
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Emerson 1HP pump
    2 skimmers

6. Back To Top    #6

On the bright side....you will get all the construction done in the off season just in time to enjoy the pool in season!
    Dave
    -------
    Our pool-
    20x40 Free Form Gunite (3'-8'), 26,000 G, AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator SC-48, Aqua blue pebble sheen, Textured Sundek, Pentair Easy touch with remote control, 1hp Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro pump, Max-E- Therm heater 333k BTU, System 3 Mod Media Cartridge filter, and Polaris 380 cleaner with booster pump

7. Back To Top    #7
    DLSO....that was exactly the plan!! I didn't want to have to deal with all this mess AND April showers and have this go on all summer. So, yes, at least that part of the plan is coming together!!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Emerson 1HP pump
    2 skimmers

8. Back To Top    #8

The Big Adventure has progress!!

Well, finally some progress to show! I'm getting excited now that it looks like it *will* be finished!

I'm pretty proud of that wall! I did it along with help for the heavy ones...and boy are they heavy!!

Hopefully the decking (just plain ole concrete) will get poured soon.

Woo Hoo!!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Emerson 1HP pump
    2 skimmers

9. Back To Top    #9
    Looks like you have "the show on the road"!! Nice job on the wall, too. Congrats!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!