New Pool -- Need Advice

I feel like I'm going around in circles...get the CYA up...get the pH down (which will lead to lower TA)...
keep the pH in certain range...make sure the TC is in a certain range...

Why does my pH fluctuate so much...in the morning it's 7.3 and now it's close to 7.8...can't add stabilizer
to increase CYA until pH is down, but now I'm out of muriatic acid (used 2 quarts in the past couple of
days)...

Can't figure out what TC to get to without getting my CYA to 70, but can't get the CYA up even though
I added 8lbs of stabilizer to 12,500 gallons of water...just now I backflushed the filter and now have
another dose of stabilizer going in via the sock method...

Gosh...don't mean to sound frustrated, but that's what I am...never thought this would take up so much
of that free time I wanted to be floating around the pool with instead of on the computer and constantly
testing my water...

So, at 3pm this afternoon, my FC was 6.5ppm and CC 0ppm so TC 6.5ppm...Now, at 9pm, my FC is 2.5ppm
and CC 1ppm so TC 3.5ppm...with CYA fluctuating around 30 in a SWG pool, is FC of 2.5 in the evening good?

Hang in there and things will get better.

The frustration and assault of information can be a little overwhelming.
That is the reason we try to break things down to the most important thing first,
and things (like lowering TA) are left until after the main things are corrected.

Now that you have your test kit, you can take control of your pool.

Your test shows 1CC which means you should shock.

If you can start the shock process tonight, that would be great.
Your shock level is 12. You can use the Pool Calculator to figure the dose.

Also, you can do the OCLT tonight.
Wait about 45 minutes after adding chlorine (to reach shock level) and then test FC and CC.
Retest FC & CC in the morn before the sun hits the pool. If you lose 1ppm or less FC, then you pass the test.

OCLT results (although I took readings this morning well after the sun hit the pool):
AM readings:
FC 1.5
CC 0.5
TC 2.0
pH 7.4
Water is Clear and Sparkly.

Compared to last night at 9PM
FC dropped by 1.0 to 1.5
CC dropped by 0.5 to 0.5
TC dropped by 1.5 to 2.0

This tells me I PASSED the OCLT??? AND, I DON'T need to shock the water because
1) I lost no more than 1ppm FC overnight, 2) I have 0.5ppm CC, and 3) my water is clear.??

Please confirm this for me.

What do I do next? I am adding stabilzer via the sock method right now...with my CYA at 30
NOW though, what number do I plug into the pool calculator so I know how much 6% clorox
to add today?

Thanks for your help...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.