Heater/ low pressure?

Jun 21, 2011
I get a message on my Jandy heater display that reads "low pressure". When this happens, the heater will not fire or, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to fire. I recently ( 3 weeks ago) have had my heater serviced by a very reliable pool service company. I am trying to get them to return, but in the mean time am wondering if this could be/ should be something the gas company should look at? When this has happened in the past, I thought maybe it was due to low water pressure and would clean my filter. That never made a difference as far as the heater was concerned. It still read low pressure. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

It shouldn't be a gas problem. The low pressure is refering to the water pressure, not gas.

If you are getting good pressure out of your returns then it sounds like the pressure sensors on the heater. If it were to run without the pump running it would boil the water and damage the unit so it is a must to run. They may have accidently disturbed it, either disconnecting it or replacing it backwards. Unless you have experience in this area it would be a good idea to wait for a professional to look into it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.