Is this set up too much for this pool?

sheptr

Jun 14, 2011
North Jersey
Will a 15' x 42" Intex Inflatable Ring pool support a Hayward EC30 and Hayward 0.75HP pump?
Allegedly 3200gallons.
Has anyone put the bigger hoses/adapters and shut off valves on the soft sided inflatable ring pool?
Where did you get the adapters?
Thanks!

I use to have a 18' X 48" softsided Intex pool with a Pentair 100 lbs sand filter with a 3/4 Hp and that worked great for years. Yes it is big for that pool, but It will filter out quicker. As far as for the adapters I used the inch to inch and a half fittings coming from pump to filter with clamps and ran two 6' hoses from the pool and a 3'foot hose from the pump to the filter and that worked great. Instead of using Intex adapters from the hoses Intex gives you, (mine had the shut off valves) I just hooked up the hoses with clamps. If you don't have the shut off adapters and the in take and return are straight out, you will have to support the adapters so that there is is not hardly any vibration so the sides don't tear.

Thanks Oldman! Didn't think about supporting them to avoid tearing. Had to drain the pool yesterday, as it was starting to creep, and the water was about to top the ring on one side. Not sure what happened, thought I had it down to 1" off over the
15' using a string level. Will level it out and go forard with swapping in the Hayward pump filter this week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.