20,000 fiber glass pool

Jun 19, 2011
I have a 20,000 fiber glass inground pool that is green and need to dump the water with a submersiable pump from Home Depot, I checked the Cyanuric Acid levels and it was around 140. Once I dump the water with the pump and refill, how much Cyanuric Acid do I need to add to the skimmer, and when I use the pump from Home Depot, how would I use it considering its electric and its in water?

Also I have De Micro Clear Filer De 6000, and I constantly open it up and clean it out because of algae. After I clean it it goes blue, then back to green in a few weeks with out chlorine.

How much chlorine should I be adding every week? A pack of shock a week?

Location Southern California

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't remember a specific article about refilling but the best thing you can do s read pool school and get a good test kit.

There is no set amount of chlorine you need to add each day or week. You need to test and add enough to keep the FC above the minimum for your CYA.

Learning to use the Pool Calculator is a good thing to do and it will give you quantities to add once you enter the now and target levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.