Green won't go away!!

My pool is definitely on the downhill slide of shocking :) I have been consistently holding chlorine overnight with 1 ppm or less loss. I have maintained a CC of 0.5 or less for almost two weeks. Everyday I can see further and further down the slope to the deep end. I am going to try adding some DE to the filter to help speed up the process of clearing the water. When i went to the pool store to get the DE the lady told me that it is okay to use it now but when the water is clear not to use it anymore as it will become very hard like concrete and mess up my filter. Is this correct? I am most certainly going to follow the directions in pool school for adding DE to a sand filter. But that article is not clear as to whether it is a long term aid to a sand filter or if it should only be done sparingly.

Also, she happened to mention that borates will add phosphates to the water and give me A LOT of problems! I giggled to myself because I know better b/c of TFP! I am actually going to add borates with the pool $ envelope allows me to! I am SO glad I have TFP! Yall are the best :goodjob:

[attachment=0:h3ngk444]pool 6.30.11.jpg[/attachment:h3ngk444]

Attachments

• pool 6.30.11.jpg
    pool 6.30.11.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 21
Adding DE to a sand filter is just fine. It all goes away each time you backwash. There isn't any point in adding DE when the pool is extremely dirty, since the filter can handle that just fine without DE. Adding DE any other time is just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.