What are you going to be for Halloween?

tagprod said:
MikeInTN said:
The DW and I always go to some friends of ours to hand out candy for Halloween, and we dress up for the kiddies (we get no kiddies in our neighborhood - older neighborhood, I guess). I'll have my skeleton mask w/ glowing eyes and will be up in the room over the garage, scaring kiddies as they come by. The DW is going as a witch, or at least that was the plan this morning, and she'll be roaming the grounds, talking to the parents, etc.

We always decorate our house for Halloween. Here's a couple of pictures from this year's effort:

That's really cool! I also built a casket for my 11 year old to jump out of for the purpose of scaring people. I got my fog machine - I'm ready to go!

Thanks for the compliment. The casket sounds like a winner! Just make sure your 11 year old doesn't scare someone and they take a swing at him/her! One of my favorite "funniest videos" is where the teenager comes up on the porch to get a piece of candy out of the bowl in the scarecrow's lap. The guy who's the scarecrow jumps up and grabs the teenager, and the teenager draws back and thumps the guy in the head. Of course, it's only funny if you're not the one in the scarecrow costume. :wink:

jjparrish said:
MikeInTN said:
The DW and I always go to some friends of ours to hand out candy for Halloween, and we dress up for the kiddies (we get no kiddies in our neighborhood - older neighborhood, I guess). I'll have my skeleton mask w/ glowing eyes and will be up in the room over the garage, scaring kiddies as they come by. The DW is going as a witch, or at least that was the plan this morning, and she'll be roaming the grounds, talking to the parents, etc.

We always decorate our house for Halloween. Here's a couple of pictures from this year's effort:

Hey Mike in Tenn,
Those pics are great! Did you get one of those spiders (from the front of your house) from my pool? :shock: It looks just like...... familiar! You folks did a great job on your house and I am sure the neighbors really appreciated it! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Joyce :shock: (spook)

Thanks Joyce. Yep, I got those spiders out of your skimmer! We've gotten many compliments from our neighbors this year. We were out taking it down this past weekend (we were vandalized last year on Halloween night, and so this year decided to take them down beforehand so the little hoodlums couldn't do it again), and an older lady pulled up in our driveway to compliment us on our decorations; told us that her whole family loves them, and can't wait till we get them up at Halloween and Christmas. She also wanted to know why we were taking them down before Halloween, and so we told her why. We were vandalized at Christmastime, too. We live in a good neighborhood, too. I just hope I catch the little b##$%%ds one of these nights... :evil:

BTW, I just had to get the Elvis groundbreaker this year. Next year, I'm going to get some pill bottles and a peanut butter 'n 'naner sammich and scatter them around him.. :lol:

my 20 and 16 year old boys last year went in the pick up, the 20 year old drove and pretended to ask for directions and when they were all busy telling him how to get some place the 16 year old would jump out of the pick up bed with a chain saw and fake blood all over his face, IT WAS HILARIOUS to see the reactions of people.

Came out pretty good for a first timer

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

MikeInTenn: The pill bottles and P & B sammiches are just too funny! Hope all goes well with your house tonight and no goonies mess around with it while you are out scaring little kids :twisted:

Tag, You did a great job with the Blue Man! Does that paint glow-in-the-dark? :shock:

Poolsean, your costome worked! 8)

Have fun tonight! :)

....maybe somebody will post a youtube event?

Joyce

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.