Algae in 18' x 48" intex pool

csh98

Jun 5, 2011
I am a new pool owner and I'm having trouble with algae. I shocked the pool yesterday and the tests say the chlorine level is over what it should be, which I read was a good thing for killing algae. Yesterday the sides of the pool were slimy and now they fill clean like they should. I feel like I'm making some progress, but the pool is still green. Does anyone know how long it will take for pool to clear. And should I leave the filter on constantly until it clears? Thanks for any answers, I'm clueless but learning and this website really helps.

Keep up with the shock level until it clears. Even if it is cheesy, the Intex vacuum can help get some of the solids out. I run the filter full time anyways since they flow so little; in your case I would check/change the filter element daily.

Scrub and rinse the filter, then douse it with bleach. Dont want a reused filter to deliver the very stuff you're trying to get rid of!

Didi you get all your chemistry right at the Pool Calculator?

Thanks for the reply post. No my chemistry came from test strips, which I am coming to find out are useless. I bought a better test at home depot, and I'm going to retest in a minute. Thanks again. It really helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.