AquaLuminator Fountain Attachment opinions?

rjg202

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Any One Use it, pros/cons would you reccomend it? I have a high pressure coming out 15 psi and was thinking of adding the fountain but I don't want to restrict the pressure for fear of creating backpressure. I get a little like drinking fountain spray out the top which I think is due to high pressure, I have had the bulb in several times and pentair support said it was ok.

Thanks

I'd be interested in this myself. I don't have the Aqualuminator, but I do have a similar return with a light in the center. I was hoping to buy an inexpensive fountain to hook to the return for aeration, but they all seem to hook to a regular return. I saw the Aqualuminator attachment fairly inexpensive on ebay yesterday. If anyone has insight, I'll be following this thread.

I had bought the Muskin Moonbeams (fiber optics mounted under the rail) a few years ago but never installed it, just the light/return.

Went to pool store about 30 miles away because they have a nice selection of pool toys. All accessories 20% off so I got the fountain for $28. Had to try it, very easy to put on/take off after I figured out how to hook it to the flow director. It's a keeper. I have a 15x30 Oval and the rerturn is on the curve between the long side and semi circle. It can reach across to the other side. Lesson learned never play with return jet when filter is off for a while, when it starts it is strong chlorine with chlorinator.

I know old thread,But has anyone that installed one still using it?
I bought one 3 months ago and decided to add but mine came with 2 large soft rubber washers and one hard plastic one, no where on directions does it show these items and was wondering the purpose.
thanks

after looking at my old unused return fitting I think the washers are for the seal between light ,liner and pool wall but was thinking they were meant as a spacer to bring the slotted light housing a little further away from wall.I cant seem to get the little rotating lock clip behind the round housing of light.
thanks for reply
Also, has yours snapped off at all by accident? seems like it wouldn't take much

- - - Updated - - -

after looking at my old unused return fitting I think the washers are for the seal between light ,liner and pool wall but was thinking they were meant as a spacer to bring the slotted light housing a little further away from wall.I cant seem to get the little rotating lock clip behind the round housing of light.
thanks for reply
Also, has yours snapped off at all by accident? seems like it wouldn't take much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.