Autopilot is out of whack!

Jun 2, 2011
I have an Auto Pilot Dig-220 that we just replaced the cell (autopilot cell rc-52). I have never experienced issues with our Auto Pilot but since I replaced the cell it's gone whacky. It's telling me low-amp and add salt (i had the water checked and the salt level is 3200) and it's telling me my water temp is 115 degrees LOL. I'm wondering if I should replace any parts? Should I try to replace, the Tri Sensor, The Tri-Sensor cord or the cell cord?

Welcome to TFP!

First, make sure you have the correct cell size selected on the settings. Then check both ends of the trisensor cable. You might have accidentally loosened a connection while replacing the cell.

The water temperature can read very high while the pump is off. Make sure you only check water temperature when the pump is on.

My previous cell was a SC-60. I have unplugged the trisensor cable at the trisensor but not at the box. I will do that this evening. The pump has been on (with the autopilot set to zero while I get this alarm) Could it possibly be the fuse?

Thank you so much for having this website! I can only play the guessing game myself but I've been reading alot of the posts today and find them very helpful. The only authorized repair guy in my area is a jerk so not much luck there! I will post this evening the remainder of my readings when I do the test. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.