Pressure Test Questions...Please help. Thanks.

Apr 21, 2011
Oklahoma
I posted questions regarding pressure test but was wondering if I could get more opinions.

We have shot the gunite on our pool and I noticed water around a skimmer. Did a pressure test and saw pressure was dropping, realized it was just a leak in the pipe which is blocking the suction (I think...line most "away" from pool when looking down into the skimmer). That was fixed. We ran the pressure up to 20psi with water and it dropped to 14 overnight. I can't "see" any water seeping through the concrete but.....

I have 3 seep holes in the bottom of my pool that the gunite guys left. The one at the middle (deepest point) of our pool (sport or play pool) is holding a very small amount of water. The one on the west end is dry but the one on the east end has water. I shopvac it out and it immediatly comes back. This seep hole is higher than the middle one which only has a small amount of water. It is also closer to where the pipes all meet to begin their run back to my pad.

I took the pressure off my pipes, shopvac the water out of the seep hole and now it appears the water level in my seep hole is going down. I'm convinced I have a leak.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Is there a shrader valve and a water spigot at the manifold? You can use a spray bottle with a mixture of dishwashing soap and water to check for leaks. Spray it on all of your threaded connections. It'll start to bubble if it leaks.

I went through the same thing during my pool build. The PB was confident that it wasn't leaking but it was, both at the skimmer and at the schrader valve. The schrader valver still leaked after I tightened it. So I bought a new valve and lubed it with magic lube and that stopped the leak.

My other leak at the threaded joint of the U-3 skimmer was from a pressure test kit made for the U-3. I was made of a couple of plugs and a hose connected between the two. It had a break in it that I was able to fix with epoxy.

Here's a couple of links to about it. You can find one here

and another one here

Seep holes in the bottom of the pool and leaks in the plumbing almost certainly don't have anything to do with each other. It would take a major leak to produce enough water to get to the seep holes, while it is common for natural ground water to come up through the seep holes (that is what they are there for). Losing only a few psi overnight is a very slow leak. A leak large enough to get water down to the seep holes would never hold pressure at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.