What do I need to hook up my vacuum hose to my skimmer?

Apr 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I have an in-ground pool that we inherited when we bought this house, and just purchased a Crud-ton of pool equipment. But the last piece that I missing (that I know of) is thing to hook up my vacuum hose to the skimmer.

What is that called? And any place in particular I should buy it (online vs. local pool place)? Are there different sizes? Etc etc.

It sounds like you want a skimmer vacuum plate. You need one that matches the brand/model of skimmer you have.

You can remove the skimmer basket and plug the hose directly into the hole at the bottom of the skimmer, but having a vacuum plate is much better because that allows the skimmer basket to catch any debris you vacuum up.

JasonLion said:
It sounds like you want a skimmer vacuum plate. You need one that matches the brand/model of skimmer you have.

You can remove the skimmer basket and plug the hose directly into the hole at the bottom of the skimmer, but having a vacuum plate is much better because that allows the skimmer basket to catch any debris you vacuum up.
Gotcha. How would I find the brand/model skimmer? Should it just be imprinted on the skimmer somewhere?

Neither the cover nor the skimmer basket had any model numbers that I could find.

The cover mentioned "Letro Thermometer" but that was the only words/letters on anything.

I've attached a few (admittedly bad) photos of my skimmer to see if that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0101b.jpg
    IMG_0101b.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0102b.jpg
    IMG_0102b.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0103b.jpg
    IMG_0103b.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 178
I think that the SP1082Z3 is a 2-inch male pipe thread X smooth vacuum hose adapter.

It might be the SP1106 Vac Plate, which is 7 3/4 inches round with gasket and fits the 7-inch basket.

8072.jpg

http://www.americasbestpoolsupply.com/p ... apter.aspx

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/manual25.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.