What does plaster burn look/feel like?

Jul 17, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Can anyone tell me what plaster burn from acid washing looks/feels like? How much time needs to be spent rinsing the acid in each area once it's done its work removing scale? I am looking at my pool post wash, getting ready to refill, which I think --thanks to reading you all -- I can do myself. But a few areas have some powdery (very light--rub them a bunch and very fine dust left on hand) residue--I was rubbing because they look rougher than most of the plaster--but some areas that are like that were not even done this wash--it was kind of a spot job. They worked in small areas, 3'x4', mainly steps and bench areas. They rinsed each as they went, but not for long periods of time. Just wondering if I should be worrying :)

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

Not much rinsing is required if they are applying the acid carefully. Some white dust is not a problem. Rough areas could indicate that they didn't work on those areas, or didn't work enough on those areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.