3000 gph intex sand filter and 15x33 pool?

Cheetos82

Jun 12, 2016
MUSKOGEE, Ok
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We purchased a 15x33 summer waves that was marked down. Next year we will probably go bigger. I received a free intex sand filter 3000 gph
Is this going to be ok to run on this pool?
Pool is approx 3,157 gallons

We managed to get it hooked up. I just figured out that I can’t use the little vaccum that hooks up to water hose bc we have little water pressure!!ugh more money

no It didn’t. I had bought a cheap skimmer and vaccum kit that you hook up to hose.
I guess what I need is a skimmer plate and vaccum hose but I’ve spent all I can right now
We got the sand filter free 3000 gph intex with pump. Cost us about $30 in supplies from lowes

I had the same problem with my outdoor hose as you. So I had to buy the Deluxe maintenance kit that came with the skimmer plate and vacuum head. It's just an idea, might or might not work but, You could leaving the garden hose attached to the vac head, but removing it from the bib on the house and syphon the water over the side of the pool to vacuum to waste. It wouldn't pick up big things, and you'd have to add more water to the pool after, but if you were really desperate....

I looked up the skimmer plate and it’s crazy expensive. $45 for piece of plastic!
I gotta do something quick it’s already getting dirty. I’ll try out your idea.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.