3 inch cholrine tablets

wolfy

May 28, 2012
Randleman, North Carolina
I have a 4000 gallon pool and I have the 3 inch tablets. Can I use a whole tablet or do I need to cut in half. It says tablets will treat 10,000 gallons of water and I do not want to overdo it.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Not recommended to put the pucks in the skimmer ... especially if you are not running the pump 24/7. That can be pretty hard on your equipment.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
pump running 24/7 is not too bad, but as Jason says, when you shut that pump off for a while and then restart it, you get a big slug of chlorine through your pump....not good. Additionally, that big slug of chlorine can concentrate in your skimmer and sort of "bleed" out over the mouth of the skimmer and bleach your liner just below the skimmer.

You should just use bleach or install a chlorinator if you're dead set on running pucks.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I thought the tests start at 20 or 30ppm. How did you get 8?

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

wolfy

May 28, 2012
Randleman, North Carolina
I actually went to a pool store for a free water test. It's a new pool and I am going to buy a good water test kit of my own but still trying to get the pool up and running right now.
test results were
FC 1.1
PH 7.3
TA 28
I am currently using SWG

I am totally new and still learning. I plan on adding 2 lbs of baking soda, 20 more lbs of salt but I am really confused about the Cyan uric acid and what to do about that.