Apr 10, 2013
Sunny SoCal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,
I started a fairly aggressive flagstone coping restore / replace last year and I am close to being done now. As part of that process some of the pebbletec below the coping was delaminated. As well the person who repaired 2-3" pebbletec below the coping did a terrible job as he did not use pebbletec and it did not match what so ever.

So I am in process of removing pebbletec 3-4" down below the coping and had plans to replace with Pebbletec. But at this juncture I am thinking it would look nicer with waterline tile.

Looking for opinions if I did only 3" deep vs 6" which seems to be the minimum standard. I could use the 1" multiple or 3" tiles. It might look "stupid" with only the 3" is my concern. Thoughts?

The right design will not look stupid. The question is what is the right design for your pool. Seeing some pics would help us see your problem.

I would pick a tile style and color that is not noticeable and blends in. Its purpose is functional not decorative.

What about doing one or two rows of 3"x6" subway tile?

Geebot, thank you so much. I bet it looks sharp! I appreciate the link. I think I am going to go with the 3", it is already a huge job removing 3.5/4" of pebble.
do you have a picture or two you could share?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.