3 day vacation

Hello,

I will be heading out on a 3 day vacation. My question is what to do with my pump. I do not have a timer on the pump as of yet. This will be installed in the next few weeks. The pool will be covered with a solar blanket and I will raise chlorine to shock level.

Can I keep the pump turned off for the 3 days or should I let it run 24/7 with no one monitoring it? I will ensure it is well filtered all Thursday and into Friday morning before I leave. Would leaving it off cause any issues? Water temp will be high 70's to very low 80's.

I do not have anyone to be able to flip the switch as both neighbours are away and no family in the area.

Thanks,

You can leave it off without any major issues. I am in a similar climate (Upstate NY) and if we get a stretch of bad weather sometimes i get lazy and leave my pool untouched for 3 or 4 days and don't have any problems. You will need to bump the chlorine back up and do a little cleaning when you return but it will be a quick and easy process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.