3/4 hp hayward superpump wired for 230 volts one hotwire broke off in conduit near pump .Wire is now too short to reconnect.

Woody2

May 7, 2023
charleston,sc
Pump was sparking so I shut it off, pulled pump cover and inspected pump motor electricals Visually nothing out of order there except soot and burnt smell . Decided to separate motor from wet end to replace, When I took one of the hot leads off, the end attached to the pump stayed in my hand and had apparently burned off inside conduit. Looked with flashlight to see if I could pull enough good wire through to reconnect after cleaning it up but way too short to pull through. How do I get this wire out of the conduit ( hydromax) and fish a new one through from breaker box?
The conduit runs about 5’straight down a wall and then on the ground bends around the back of the filter maybe another 5-6 feet in the shape of a C. I understand you cant use romex , got to be individual wires which are very stiff. Any ideas how to do this? Ground and other hot wire appear ok. Any ideas how to handle this? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.