Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: O-Ring replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

O-Ring replacement

I was cleaning my filter and in the process of reassembling it I broke my O-Ring. Since the pool store was closed I went to my local Ace hardware(Known as Dales' here in Fremont). They did not have a replacement but I found something else that works great! I used a pressure cooker rubber gasket which was of a very similar size( Presto 9903). Since the Pressure Cooker Gasket is flat on both sides it fitted perfectly on the collar of my Starite filter. I lubed both sides, refitted everything ran the pump and vola no leaks and a perfect fit! not bad for 10 bucks.. although you can find them cheaper on the net (6 bucks as per google)..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16,000 G in ground Gunnite (plastered) with attached Spa, Gemini 3 NG Heater, Sta-rite cartridge filter, Aquabot Mark V, TF test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wow, qucik thinking!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Just an update..

the Pressure cooker sealing ring is holding up quite well so far.. I had to clean and reassemble my cartridge filter due to all the debris from the recent rains and the replacement ring was just fine. No signs of any wear and tear or damage !
    16,000 G in ground Gunnite (plastered) with attached Spa, Gemini 3 NG Heater, Sta-rite cartridge filter, Aquabot Mark V, TF test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: O-Ring replacement

Another update..

Ten months and 4 filter cleanings later the Pressure cooker rubber sealing ring is still holding up fine. No signs of any wear and tear or cracking! ..