Fill water #s in Louisiana

Apr 27, 2011
First test with wal mart tester waiting on the tf100 I was able test Cl that was -.5 next was Ta based on 35drops to turn pinkish puts me at 350ppm turn darker took up to 50drops that's over 500ppm and obviously cya at 0 . So I need a starting point from here , I've got a 15,100 gal pool and lots of BBB supplies to start , and suggestions ? the pump should be turned on in the next hour or two Based on our neighbors usage !
Thanks for the help ahead of time .

Have you tried doing the TA test wiping the tip of the dropper with a damp tissue after every couple of drops? Sometimes static electricity on the dropper tip can cause false high readings.

You add drops till the sample turns something in the red/pink family, then you continue adding drops as long as each individual drop continues changing the color. The first drop that doesn't change the color any further ends the test and does not count. So TA is more like 350, and not 500.

Yes I did wipe the tip after each drop so as you said I am inthe 350 range , as this" test kit " says turns red the do the math , though as soon as I saw complete pink I did the math. This sparkly blue water now has the green hue since it has been almost 4 days filling this rascal and the rain has not helped , but glad it waited to start after I finished construction.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.