need help finding a return for my pool

May 17, 2009
Jasper, TN
I recently got an Intex SWG for this years pool opening. I want to plumb it in with hard PVC.

The person that installed my pool (which I can't find now), used silicon and apparently some type of glue on the flexible PVC from the outlet of the sand filter to the return on the side of the AGP. With force to try and unscrew the fittings, they cracked so I just had to break and cut them off. Still part of the return is in the pool as I have to go get a smaller hack saw to finish getting it out.

So.... I'm not sure what to get to replace it. When I search for 'pool returns' I get either eyeball fittings or returns that have barbed or tapered hose attachments on the back for use with flexible hoses and clamps.

What type of return do I need to search for and any suggested places to order, for a replacement return that I can use screw on type return fittings and hard PVC?

Would Leslie's have anything like this? That is the only pool products store I know of, about 45 minutes away. I'd like to get it for this weekend but will wait if I have to order online.

Awesome, thanks Mark.

But lucky me!! :)

I was coming to log on and post that I don't need a return now... I don't think.

I remember I bought a replace wide mouth skimmer last year and hadn't installed it yet. While searching online for returns, I kept getting results for skimmers and the pics showed a return with it.

So I just checked and the skimmer package I bought last year has a new return in it :) And yes, you are right, it has a tapered hose attachment but it just unscrews.

I will definitely be checking out your post about plumbing in the Intex SWG. Thanks again.

Oh, another question about the return. I found a post at another site that said the gaskets on the return should be two rubber gaskets on each side of the wall and on the outside wall, a cork gasket right before the nut.

Is that correct? On the return I just realized I had has the cork gasket before the rubber gasket. I figured it was just hastily put on for shipping purposes.

So what is the correct way?

And is it ok to use teflon tape on the threads of the return?

The instructions you found are correct. When they're assembling them for packaging they just pull the parts from a bin and stick them on there in any order.

Yes it's not only ok but preferable to use t-tape on the threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.