Questions to ask Installer

Jan 11, 2011
Kansas City, MO
I have to call the installer tomorrow to schedule installation of our 27' above ground pool and wanted to know if there were any questions/requests I should ask? The pool is purchased through a retail chain (The Great Escape) and they set-up the installer. Thanks in advance!

Ask if there is anything you need to provide (such as sand) so that it is there on the scheduled installation day. Do they haul away dirt, limbs, tree roots and other installation debris? Do they treat for nutgrass before setting up the pool?

Is the installer bringing the pool or has it already been delivered to you? We were delayed b/c the pool store ordered and delivered the wrong pool. When we verified with the installer when he came to put the pool in we realized they sent the wrong pool. It delayed our installation and then the pool we paid for was on back order. The good news was we got upgraded for free but it was a stressful few days that could have been avoided a week before when I first talked to the installer.

So I'd just make sure he is installing the pool you ordered.

I'd also go over what the charge is if they need to grade the ground. Our installation price included 6" beyond that it was $20 an inch. We had a 14" grade, luckily because of the pool error the pool store covered that for us as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.