What to do when CC count of .5 registers?

ncpool

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2010
TFP Team:

What do you guys generally do when you discover a CC level of .5? Do you ignore it until it goes higher? What if it persists for more than one day?

My CC reading has been .5 last couple days. Pool School says to shock if it gets any higher. Just curious if getting the reading over a day or two also indicates shocking. Thanks for any feedback.

Treat a .5CC reading as if it were zero. My pool fluctuates between .5 and 0 over several days.....just ignore it.

And confirming what you already know, 1.0cc or higher is a good indicator it's time to shock. :-D

0.5ppm is fine. You can elevate FC by 1 or 2 ppm for a few days, but it's nothing to worry about. CC's will persist if the pool is being used every day or pollen/organic debris happens to be high this time of year. Keeping adequate FC will keep the CC at 0.5 or below.

Edit: Dave beat me to it...what he said :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.