Need plans for small deck, landing, platform.

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
We're going to delay renovating our backyard deck and just need a small landing for our AGP. We picked up a set of wedding cake steps and need a place to attach that railing as well.

What I'm looking for are plans to build a simple set of steps, which lead up to a deck that's deep enough and wide enough for two adults to sit on, while kids can enter/exit the pool. So, what...6 foot x 6 foot, something like that.

It would be so much easier to have a set of plans and list of materieals needed. Pictures are even better! I'm ok with not digging post holes and simply using the concrete supports as well i.e. floating deck.

I'll be easier for someone to help if you can post a pic of your pool and in particular the place you want the deck. I built a 8'x6' deck contoured to the radius of the pool. I built it so I could add sections to it if we decided to.

I've attached a .pdf of it and can give you a material list but it won't fit your pool without modification.

Attachments

• Pool Deck.pdf
    46 KB · Views: 225
Thanks. I can snap a few pictures, but yes I am going to countour the radius of the pool as well. I already have the spot picked out for the deck. What's disappointing is that it's very close to our main deck and connecting the two would be ideal. However, to do that, I would want to update the main deck, which increases the costs exponentially. I also need to consider and permitting issues, since the main deck is connected to our sliding doors. I believe a locking gate on the main deck, where swimmers would access the pool deck, would suffice, but need to confirm.

During this project, I will consider future possibly of connecting this new freestanding deck, to our main deck, but I'm not certain that will work. This just might have to be a free standing deck for now, then redo the project when the main deck is renovated.

dmanb2b said:
Here you go...this is for a 12x12, you'll need to adjust for something smaller.

Keep in mind to still adhere to all local code requirements, most importantly the inclusion of a safety gate, preventing the little ones from accessing to pool while unsupervised.

http://www.deckplans.com/side-pool-deck-plans

I was just on there this morning! After I posted this topic, I recalled looking at this site last year and was able to Google it out.

Thanks for posting it though and the safety reminder!

Yes, we always lock our steps, so I would have a locking gate for this project as well. My nephew was a teen, when he pulled a friends 2 year old cousin out of an unprotected hot tub, during a birthday party. He was sitting inside the house and suddenly the toddler just dawned on him and he went searching. Got there in time, which was great!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.