Installing new system ?

JeffW

Jun 8, 2008
My pump is bad and I really don't like the cheap cartridge system that have, so I am looking at replacing the entire system and adding salt. My pool is a 13,000 gal in ground fiberglass pool. It gets steady sun all day long. Had problems last year keeping CYA up.

I am thinking of the following:

Pentair 3050 VS pump
Hayward DE Pro-Grid 36
Hayward swim pure plus with 25K cell.

Anyone see anything wrong with this setup? In the future I will be adding solar power.

I live in Texas

Welcome to TFP!

All of that looks fine, though there might be better choices depending on your situation. For example, a variable speed pump is nice, but it won't pay back it's extra cost unless your electric rates are fairly high. You didn't say where you live or what your electrical rates are, so there is a possibility that you would be better off with a two speed pump. I would also recommend a slightly larger filter. You filter is already somewhat oversized, which is a good thing, but it could be a little larger and that would be even better, at least if you have enough room for something larger.

The pump will be fine even with 1 1/2" pipe. You won't want to turn it onto it's max speed will 1 1/2" pipe, but that is easy enough to avoid and you wouldn't really want the max speed in that situation anyway. Every once in a long while one of the fancier models, the SVRS or VF, can have a problem with long runs of 1 1/2" pipe, mistakenly thinking that there is a priming problem when there isn't, but that is rare and I have never heard of it happening with the VS.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.