Spa heater wont shut off

Nov 8, 2010
I have a Aqualink RS control in my house and a Hayward h400 heater. I set the heat on my AqualinkRS to centain temp. and the heater will keep heating and will not shut off.I have to manually put the heater in standby to shut it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the control wire from the controller to the heater is shorted. Since you are going to the heater to turn it off, I assume the Jandy controller is unable to do this and would indicate the shorted control lead. There will be a thin wire, usually gray or tan, cable tied to the heater's power conduit but it enters the heater in a different opening. Check for nicks and cuts, end to end.

Scott

PoolGuyNJ,

Just want to say thanks! That was it, just a little exposure of the red wire it was stuck to the back. I wrapped them individually and then wrapped them all together with electrical tape. Working like a charm. To replace this wire can you use a standard wire or is it something special for pools? Again thanks alot.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.