What kind of decking do you like?

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
We still need to pick out the decking around our pool. I've looked at hundreds of photos online and I still can't decide.

Post photos of your decking, or decking that you like.

Here are a couple I found online:

Attachments

• residential_11_big_ (Large).jpg
    residential_11_big_ (Large).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IM001161.jpg
    IM001161.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 253
  • Concrete.jpg
    Concrete.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 253
As much as I like the darker colors, I think your feet will thank you if you opt for a lighter finish (not as hot in summer sun). On the other hand, if everyone likes to wear their flip flops around the pool, then it's really not a concern :lol:

I agree with the above post pavers get really hot.

The advantages are: a) You can remove them to fix plumbing leaks and they go right back. b) They look outstanding. c) You can lay them yourself. d) If a tornado destroys your house and you choose to rebuild elsewhere you could take them with you.

The Disadvantages are: a) They are really hot in the Summer months. b) You may have to keep on hand herbicide and insecticide to combat ants and weeds. (I understand that if you use the right type of sand you would not have this problem)

I have already had a plumbing leak on my pool and it was so nice to be able to remove the pavers and fix it. If is was concrete you would have to saw it out and probably would never get the finish to match the existing finish.

Our pavers do not get that hot however we have lighter colors. Look at the links in the sig bar. We love our pavers.........

Many of the patterned concrete choices are VERY slippery when wet, so if you choose that, make sure they add some sort of aggregate to improve traction in bare feet. They tend to be most attractive & also most expensive. Lighter colors don't get as hot as darker colors. Brick tends to be hotter on the feet. Exposed aggregate & hand seeded aggregates are great, look good long time, but I have sensitive feets, so I have to keep my sandals on. Flagstone is nice as well, price to match, and isn't as slippery. Lots of choices, good luck! One of my favorites is a "salt-finish" with a colored sealer on top. Great looking, less expensive and not as slippery as some.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.