Adding liquid Stabilizer

I wouldn't pour it in the skimmer, it's some thick stuff!! Mix it up in a 5 gallon bucket of pool water and pour it around the pool. After you pour it out, you will have to cut the jug with a box knife and rinse the rest of it out into a bucket. It so thick, a lot of it will stay in the jug if you dont rinse it clean. It's expensive, but it's instant CYA. Check the jug. One jug should add 30 ppm to 10,000 gallons of water.

bk406 said:
I wouldn't pour it in the skimmer, it's some thick stuff!! Mix it up in a 5 gallon bucket of pool water and pour it around the pool. After you pour it out, you will have to cut the jug with a box knife and rinse the rest of it out into a bucket. It so thick, a lot of it will stay in the jug if you dont rinse it clean. It's expensive, but it's instant CYA. Check the jug. One jug should add 30 ppm to 10,000 gallons of water.

Thanks. Store guy said add it directly into the skimmer as does the bottle. But I trust this board a bit more. The price was decent @ $24

BTW, this does not seem that thick

Well, the stuff you get at Leslies is pretty thick stuff, maybe this isnt. What brand is it? I still wouldnt pour it in the skimmer. I would think it might gum it up? Then again, I dont put anything thru the skimmer. I'd rather not run any pure chemical thru my heat exchanger and SWG. Probably would not hurt anything, but I just dont do it. You never know.

I know this is an old thread, but I just bought some "liquid" stabilizer because we replaced our tab feeder with a SWG. I searched for this because I wasn't sure how to add it. Wow. Thick is an understatement. I shook the bottle like crazy and still had this giant oozy white blob at the bottom of the bottle. I ended up filling the bottle with pool water 5 or 6 times to get it all out. This stuff barely classifies as a liquid!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.