Trying to learn about my brand new pool as quickly as I can.

So, I received the Taylor K-2006 test kit (FAS-DPD), and am a little confused at a reading I have.. I tested the CYA twice, and came to a 8ppm level both times, yet the 5 times I have had my water tested at the pool store, it has always been 80-100 ppm. My hardness is testing to be ~700, yet the pool store is always saying 530-560. The hardness is high, and I can live with that, but the CYA reading completely confuses me. I'm going to need another test kit if I keep testing this water, haha..

Hi Locash
the taylor 2006 only reads 30 to 100 cya so you are probably doing it wrong. You maybe looking at the wrong scale on the tube. there are 2 scales on the tube you want to use the inside scale that reads 30 at the top and 100 at the bottom. You can buy replacement regants at the taylor web sight and I have found my pool store has them cheeper. hope this helps :-D
Ric W

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.