Cloudy pool

Bama Rambler said:
The fact that you lost 1ppm FC and have .3ppm CC's mean you have organics consumming the chlorine and you need to keep it at shock level. It's going to be hard to shock it properly with it being in use every day. You're just going to have to keep at it.

Thanks...just needed some reassurance that I am doing the right thing.
I may end up closing the pool for a couple of days, but I really hope it doesn't come to that. Only 3 weeks of pool time left here in Alberta, we close up after the September long weekend.

I'll update tomorrow again.

Bama Rambler said:
The fact that you lost 1ppm FC and have .3ppm CC's mean you have organics consumming the chlorine and you need to keep it at shock level. It's going to be hard to shock it properly with it being in use every day. You're just going to have to keep at it.

Last night
FC 15.6
CC 0

This morning
FC 15.2
CC .2
PH 7.3
Alk 110
CYA 30

Should I be feeling reassured that I am getting closer.....?

Bama Rambler said:

Okay....so that lasted for about long enough to drop my chlorine down to more normal levels and I'm seeing a raise in CC again....so I am assuming I should go back to shock levels again.
FC 5.0
CC .6
PH 7.1
Alk 110
CYA 30 ish

Water is nice and clear or was....until the wind shifted and brought in smoke and ash from fires in the area. Would that have anything to do with my numbers going wonky again?

Well, I had posted an update but it appears to have gotten lost in cyber space.
My numbers were good for a few days, long enough to get FC down to better levels. Now the CC is climbing again.
FC 5
CC .6
Ph 7.1
Alk 110
CYA 30
I'm assuming something is going on again so I'll bring levels back up to shock. We've been having huge issues with smoke and ash from some fires ....would that be contributing to my numbers going wonky again?

New problem today.....my Ph is dropping fast. Started the morning at 7.4 and within 3 hours it is now down to 7.0

I closed the pool today to get a handle on the CC again, so there is no one in the pool. No chemical additions, aside from keeping the chlorine to shock levels.
The only difference is it rained and we still have ash and smoke in the air, although even that has improved.

Any thoughts on why it would drop that drastically. I even retested thinking I had messed up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.