Polaris 360 - How much hose is too much?

tim_pool_newbie

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 6, 2009
Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
My Polaris 360 sometimes have trouble getting all around the bottom of the pool (often just goes in small circles) and I'm wondering if the length of the hose has anything to do with it. The manual that came with it says to plug the hose into the cleaning port on one end of the pool and then cut off the excess hose, just so that the cleaner can reach to the far end of the pool. Only problem with this in my situation is that my cleaning port is in the middle of a side wall in an oval pool with wavy curves. So I have not yet trimmed the hose length.

Has anyone else experienced the Polaris 360 getting hung up on itself due to too long of a hose?

I've also played with the position of the jet on the back, but can't find the position that makes it work the best. It still manages to find those "corners" near the steps and sits there till the backup cycle kicks in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.