TEST RESULTS

poolgirl22 said:
Howdy neighbor! :wave:
TFP will get you going! Read read read pool school and use the pool calculator.

You're getting great advice. You'll be sparkly in no time.

Howdy from Texas. :wave: You'll get more and more comfortable as you go along. Ask as many questions as you want and need. The kind, patient people here at TFP are very good "hand holders" and don't mind at all assisting you through the learning curve AND after too. We are all here to learn and help each other. One persons experience (and questions) can go a long way to help somebody else who has similar questions and/or issues. You are doing great. :goodjob:

gg=alice

Gerri said:
ok I did the overnight FC test the level on it was 9.5 So with that I want to raise it to 12 by adding 1 qt and 5 oz of bleach. Do I seem to be doing this correctly. Sorry if I appear to really not know what I'm doing because I don't but I think I'm learning

Thank You

I think you are saying it was 12 last night and 9.5 in the morning?

If your CC is 1.5 you need to maintain shock level until it's .5 or less AND you lose 1ppm FC or less overnight. I always like to see it two nights in a row but that's not really required to pass the OCLT (overnight chlorine loss test), that's just my personal preference.

I just did the overnight test again. Last nite FC was 7.5 and CC was 1.5. This morning FC 8 and CC 1. When I tested last nite the CYA was 0 so with what I was told earlier on this post is to stabilize it first I did. The CYA this morning was 35. I did not add any bleach so it that possible for the FC to be higher than it was last nite We have also had alot of rain and the sun hasn't really been out for a couple days.

Thanks for the help

The .5 FC difference is within the accuracy of the test so don't worry about that.

The sun not being out might be part of your having 1ppm CC. You need to bump the FC back up to 14 since your CYA is 35 and hold it till the CC's come down to .5 of less.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good morning, Gerri (thanks!)

Those numbers look fine. YOur FC is a little higher than normal (should be 3-5ppm or so) but it's no big deal....just let it drift down on it's own. It looks like your CC's have dropped below .5ppm....that's very good.

Last report on your water quality was it's a little hazy......how does it look now?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.