Best ways to clean grease from a wooden deck?

ElkPool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Elkridge, MD
Things I've read online indicate that you can use cleaners and then suck up the stain with kitty litter...I actually did this for Tiki torch fluid stains on my gazebo, and it worked really well. But the gazebo is old and a darker wood, and I didn't really care about how it turned out. This is for my relatively new deck, which I do care about. The stain in question this time is bird suet grease. Anyone know what would be the safest ways to attempt first?

We'll see if anything looks funny once it's completely dry...but so far, it looks like Oxy dish soap worked perfectly! Thanks!

I'm so glad I asked before breaking out the petroleum cleaner and kitty litter again. That Tiki torch fuel was TOUGH.

Hmm, weird. I could have sworn the grease was gone, but after it tried for a day, it came back.

I'll try dish soap once or twice more (and try sucking it up with kitty litter) before moving on to anything more harsh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.