Cheapest place to buy Taylor replacement reagents online?

niceguymr said:
Yeah, but the Taylor case keeps everything so nice, neat, organized, and perfectly fit. It just looks better all organized with the fight sized case that holds just enough of everything that you need. Perhaps I just need the larger Taylor case? Any way I can get just the case?
You can either get the TF-100 with its case which will hold the larger bottles or you can get the 7120 case for the K-2006C -- check with Taylor to be sure that this is the right case for the 2 oz. bottle sizes.

Yes, for refills it is more economical to buy them in bulk as a group due to shipping costs. Keeping the chemicals in a cool dry place away from sunlight will have them last probably for at least 2 years. Taylor recommends changing reagents every year, but taking good care of them should have them last longer (especially if unopened). Taylor has an article on recognizing a compromised reagent.

simicrintz said:
We use the TF kit when we make our initial call and check the water chemistry. Not only are we comfortable with it, but it makes us look good and professional to bring out such a nice, well put together kit! We break it out again after our service and show the customer what their water chemistry levels are, and they always ask where we got the kit! What a perfect segue in to telling them about TFP (which also makes us look good)!
I imagine a speedstir would also impress the clientele immensely.

CaOCl2 said:
Ooops, I'm calling "live" hinges what they're calling "piano style, interlocking" hinges.

http://piscines-apollo.com/docs/2009_02.pdf

I believe that's the exact case I have. I just got my test kit a few weeks ago. (and yep, I've already burned through an entire bottle of the chlorine testing reagent. :hammer: )

But my case is already pretty full so I'm not sure how it would acommodate bigger bottles. There's some room to spare but I guess I'll just have to see.

niceguymr said:
But my case is already pretty full so I'm not sure how it would acommodate bigger bottles
Of the 2 oz (60 mL) you mean ? That case is designed for 2 oz reagents.

You can also look into Plato gear (fishing equipment) if you're looking for lots of room:

testkit.jpg

They offer a good range of tackle boxes that seem ideally suited for this.

Richard320 said:
simicrintz said:
We use the TF kit when we make our initial call and check the water chemistry. Not only are we comfortable with it, but it makes us look good and professional to bring out such a nice, well put together kit! We break it out again after our service and show the customer what their water chemistry levels are, and they always ask where we got the kit! What a perfect segue in to telling them about TFP (which also makes us look good)!
I imagine a speedstir would also impress the clientele immensely.

:lol: :lol: Yes, it does! We use that for almost every test that we can also! Most people have never seen one (and we get a lot of "I want one of those!") comments also!

Good news about the hinges. My Taylor case just had one side separate and the other side has one foot in the grave. It's a K-2000 upgraded piecemeal to be a K-2006 (except I then upgraded to the TFT CYA test tube and mix bottle; the 14ml test is MUCH better than the K-2006 7ml test, aside from using twice as much reagent). All K-2000 series had the same case.

Mine dates back to a previous pool so it took maybe ten seasons to wear out those cheapie solid hinges. For now, duct tape is on the job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm shopping for refills right now and did a little research into pricing and shipping. For what it's worth, here are my results:

Taylor
0014-A 0 .75 oz $1.85
0871-C 2 oz $11.90
0013-E 16 oz $9.35
S&H $7.50

TF
0014 -A 0.75 oz $1.50
0871 -C 2 oz $9.40
0013 4 oz $6.75 (16 oz not available)
S&H $5.50 (?) uses USPS Priority

Amato
0014 don't carry
0871-C 2 oz $7.36
0013-E 16 oz $6.86
S&H $7.50

SPS
0014 don't carry
0871-C 2 oz $8.40
0013-E 16 oz $6.90
S&H $7.50

Dave, if you happen to follow this thread, what's the chance of offering the 16 oz size of the CYA reagent? While I realize that most people won't ever need that much, there are times when frequent CYA testing is necessary and it's good to have plenty of reagent on hand.

UPDATE:

Today I received my order of replacement reagents from TFTestKits just a little over 48 hours after placing my order online. Thanks Dave!!!

The 2oz bottles DEFINITELY do not fit in the standard K2006 test kit box (unless I were to start cutting out some of the plastic divider tabs inside, which I wont be doing). I transferred the reagents to my original bottles without any issues or spillage and no funnel needed. I simply used a clean paper towel to handle the tips (as suggested somewhere above) and whatever remained I put in the fridge.

Reading this I take it that the TF-100 is a better kit than the K-2006? Now if I need a refill and didn't order on line because I am known to procrastinate I maybe able to buy it at Leslie's and use it in the TF-100 kit? I know they probably don't have all but am sure they have some.

Re: Cheapest place to buy Taylor replacement reagents online

svenpup said:
I have the K-2006 and I buy larger size replacement reagents from TFTestkits. The reagents in the TF-100 are the same as the K-2006 except for pH so you can get larger sizes for cheap.

Hello

Why does the TF-100 PH not work with the K-2006? Does TFP sell a PH reagent that works with the K-2006 kit?

Thanks
Joe

they are differrent reagents, although both are phenol red the concentration is different. the k-1000 test block in the TF100 takes r-0014 while the K2006 PH test block takes R-0004

ngc4900 said:
svenpup said:
I have the K-2006 and I buy larger size replacement reagents from TFTestkits. The reagents in the TF-100 are the same as the K-2006 except for pH so you can get larger sizes for cheap.

Hello

Why does the TF-100 PH not work with the K-2006? Does TFP sell a PH reagent that works with the K-2006 kit?

Thanks
Joe
The volume of the cylinders is different.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.