first results with TF100

May 26, 2010
Ok, got my test kit today---so exciting to get a mini lab kit in the mail! Here's what I've got:

FC 19
TC 19.5
T/A 110
CYA 50
PH 6.8

Pool went from green to cloudy, I've been shocking with liquid bleach. I have LOTS of tiny floaties circulating around, so I put an old pair of pantyhose over the skimmer yesterday--very effective judging from the gunk I keep cleaning off of it. What's the next step in clearing up the pool?

Welcome to TFP Rhonda...your pretty close. Keep the FC up around 19-20 until your water clears...although technically, you can go ahead and do the overnight FC loss test to confirm you are done shocking. Personally, I would keep it at shock level until clear.

Yeah, keep your FC up there. that'll require more testing and more additions of chlorine but you should see daily improvement if you'll hold your FC @ that level. Nice work!.....you're not that far awya from a sparkling pool.

Run your pump 24/7 and backwash/clean your filter as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.