Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have a stupid question that I really wish I didn't have to ask. I had an installer come to replace a pool pump, and they decided that no one other than them knew how to wire pool equipment in general and decided to use their Jackson Pollack-esque inspiration to rewire all the relays, rather than, you know, disconnect and reconnect the 3 wires for a pump that was working perfectly fine. They had for some reason decided that the standalone relay that switched GFCI power to the Intellibrite lights should be connected to the 220V from the other relays, and seemed surprised that it didn't work out.
I've disconnected the 220v from that relay, and reconnected it so that it's 110v to see if I could get the lights on for now, but they don't come on. I haven't yet been able to identify what the heck they did regarding the GFCI wiring, because it's no longer there.

If you were to connect 220v to the relay that drives the Pentair Intellibrite lights, in addition to being incredibly dangerous and potentially lethal for anyone swimming near it, would it burn up the light? Or is something else the problem?

edit: initially I was wrong, these aren't SAM lights, they're Intellibrite. The color choices included SAM which confused me

Last edited:
240 probably damaged the lights.

Can you verify the voltage going to the lights?

Are you sure that the lights are 120 volts?

What is the model number of the lights?

There is no transformer, correct?

Did they remove all gfci protection?

They are 120V lights, and I confirmed that it was 240v originally, and then I rewired it back to 120v to test, but right now there's no GFCI protection. It looks like they, again for no reason, rewired the main pool controller onto the GFCI. I can't see the model number of the lights, but there is no transformer, and they were 120v when I bought them 3 years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.