Tile repair

rockyk

Aug 1, 2008
Looking to get a good recommendation on tile repair or referral for a repair contractor. The side that has the tile missing is loose all the way down that side. The other side that looks ok is loose also. The side that has the tile missing is loose all the way down that side. The other side that looks ok is loose also. I have a couple of feet of new replacement tile but most of the tile will need to be reused or replaced. I am in Carrollton TX DFW area.

Thanks

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 71
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 71
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 71
rockyk said:
I have a couple of feet of new replacement tile but most of the tile will need to be reused or replaced.

It's not an easy job to reuse tileplates(even if I understand that you wanna save those plates). It's gonna be time consuming and from a economic perspective are you probably better of to buy new plates. Often is most of the thinset left on the tileplate leaving it with a smooth surface and that is not something you want to have on a tile that you should mount in a harsh enviroment like a pool.
I would start over with new plates. Choose one with a rough backside so you get good bonding to the surface. Use a thinset that are floating out a bit better than the ordinary, so you make sure that the whole plate are covered with thinset, that's important!
Grind and prepare the surface with a primer before mounting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.