Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Initial TF-100 Readings

1. Back To Top    #1

Initial TF-100 Readings

Just got the TF-100 the other day and after getting familiar with it and doing some more pool school reading, I'm comfortable that I have my first set of accurate numbers with the test. I had used a combination of a PH/FC kit and test strips before this. Obviously, some of the numbers are drastically different that what the test strips were showing. The only thing that is really off target is the CH level, which were showing about 250 with test strips but doesn't seem to be nearly that high.

Ph - 7.6
    FC - 6.5
    CC - .5
    TA - 110
    CH - 150
    CYA-60

Any advice beyond what the pool calculator recommends? Is it a good idea to have the pool test my water just to get a comparison?

Thanks!
    16,500 gal, In-Ground
    Pebblesheen Prism Blue (replaster 3/2010)
    DE Filter
    1.5 HP Pentair Challenger
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Initial TF-100 Readings

Other than CH, everything looks great.

Trust your own testing. Doing your own testing with a top quality test kit is much better than using the pool store.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

With such a big jump in CH needed, is it best to adjust it in several stages to make sure I don't overshoot the target??

How long should I wait before retesting after adding calcium chloride?

Thanks!
    16,500 gal, In-Ground
    Pebblesheen Prism Blue (replaster 3/2010)
    DE Filter
    1.5 HP Pentair Challenger
    TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

An hour with the pump running should do it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School