Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Turbo Ritas

1. Back To Top    #1

Turbo Ritas

WE should have a section for "Potent Potables" but in lieu of that, I thought I'd post here. I've seen Turbo Ritas referenced over on Garden Web for over a year now. I'm very particular about my margaritas and feel like I've perfected the procedure. Yesterday however a recipe for two other drinks was included - "sip and go naked" and "pink panty dropper."
    I had the ingredients around the house for the "sip" and since I'm on vacation (leave for Florida Friday AM) I thought I'd try it out. I'd have to give the "sip" two thumbs up. I'm ready for the "pink" as I could imagine it would taste very good as well.

Turboritas
    12 oz. tequila
    12 oz. frozen lime aide
    12 oz. 7 Up (not Sprite)
    12 oz. Corona

Mix and serve over ice

Sip and Go Naked:

Replace Corona with a miller light (bud light or coors light are acceptable alternatives)
    Replace Tequila with Vodka

Pink Panty Dropper:

Same as Sip and go naked, just replace 7 Up with fruit punch.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

2. Back To Top    #2
    just have to ask, why not Sprite?

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    I don't know - the person posting the recipe was VERY specific not to use Sprite. Maybe they work for 7Up?
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    I don't know - the person posting the recipe was VERY specific not to use Sprite. Maybe they work for 7Up?
    I never understood it either. I know they taste slightly different, but not that much.
    thanks for the new recipes!

tyler
    Mike
    20,000 gallon in-ground gunite with attached spa
    Pentair Cartridge Filter
    3/4 hp Sta-Rite Pump
    2 hp Whisperflo Spa Pump
    Ray-Vac cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5
    Not usually a tequila drinker here but they do sound good.

OK, my turn on a tequila drink or at least game involving tequila - a lil game we played at a classic rock festival just recently attended (usually what happens there stays there but we got a chuckle from this):

1 (or several) can of Redi Whip topping
    at least 3 types of beverage tasty enough for shots (Mudslide and Tequila Rose work great for this)
    shot glasses
    couples

Each team of couples splits up as follows:

person one of the couple stands 15' from person two holding can of VERY chilled can of Redi Whip -
    Person two dispenses a "handful" of Redi Whip and must throw it under hand to Person one - who must try to catch as much as possible in their mouth -

The team that catches the most on each turn without spilling gets to choose what the other teams have to drink a shot of -

Yikes, it was messy and evil to play for very long, but it was a blast and the good part is: even if you lose and spill, your partner gets to "clean" the rest off of you (this was a public festival where we camped out so nobody drove anywhere and they had to keep their clothes on, at least until they got back to their own private camper) It was extremely hot out and most people were in swimsuits or tank tops anyways so no clothing got too messy (we also had a dunk tank at our camp spot) We gave out prizes to the winners of each round - light up shot glasses and beads.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6
    I'm a Tequila purist. Straight up, no ice. No lime or salt either. Just the hooch, thank you very much.

I'm now trying to figure out how I can convert that Redi Whip game to Cheese-in-a-can and play it with the dogs, and what I could make them drink when they lose.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.